Most people lack the knowledge or experience in cooking scrumptious fish and seafood. In this article, we share with you some easy and quick recipes for you to enjoy.
This is a known Italian dish made from squid which makes a great appetizer for gatherings. It is savory, crispy, and comes perfectly with marinara sauce.
- 1 lb of cleaned squid
- 5 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp of stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 – 4 cups of peanut oil
- Slice the squid in horizontal directions to make 1/2” thin rings. Also, cut the tentacles in half vertically.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a separate plastic bag. Add the squid slices and shake to crust the slices. Make sure not to spill any. Remove the squid after.
- Pour oil in a pan for about 2” deep. Carefully put the crusted squid slices and fry for 1 and ½ minutes. Remove and let the oil drain on tissue paper.
- Put on a platter for serving.